My News Leecher - Sharing All the Latest News
Please Login or Register for new user.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register for new user.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen of Death

Go down

Black Screen of Death Empty Black Screen of Death

Post by coolng Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Black Screen of Death E528138f1d41368e7f3f4c823a79af18

Black Screen of Death Ba3bcec423a0902d0f9548615f4b5915

It seems that the latest security patches from Microsoft, deployed over the last Patch Tuesday (22nd March), are causing serious problems for some users of Windows, including Windows 7.

In a nutshell, the affected Windows machines simply stop working and start displaying a (mostly) black screen, in some cases showing only a “My Computer” Explorer window.

If any of you have these symptoms you can safely try the free Black Screen Fix. It will fix the most common cause we have seen of this issue. Running the fix program is easy under normal circumstances, simply download with your browser using the link above and run the program. However, if you are trying to do this from the PC which has the black screen it is a bit more tricky. In these circumstances follow the procedure below

Restart your PC

Logon and wait for the black screen to appear

Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)

Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously

When prompted, Click Start Task Manager

In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab

Next Click New Task

Now enter the command

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX

Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process

When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.

Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone.
coolng
coolng
Owner
Owner

https://mynewsleecher.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down