My News Leecher - Sharing All the Latest News
Please Login or Register for new user.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register for new user.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EICAR Test File - Check if Your Anti-Virus is Working Properly

Go down

EICAR Test File - Check if Your Anti-Virus is Working Properly Empty EICAR Test File - Check if Your Anti-Virus is Working Properly

Post by coolng Sun May 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Use the code and save them as fakevirus.exe and run them. Your Anti-Virus should catching them as threat or virus.
The main purpose of this is to check whether your Anti-Virus is working properly.

The EICAR test file (official name: EICAR Standard Anti-Virus Test File) is a file, to test the response of computer antivirus (AV) programs. The rationale behind it is to allow people, companies, and AV programmers to test their software without having to use a real computer virus that could cause actual damage should the AV not respond correctly.

The file is simply a text file of either 68 or 70 bytes that is a legitimate executable file called a COM file that can be run by any operating systems and some work-alikes. When executed, it will print "EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!" and then stop. T
The Eicar test string reads

Code:
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

How to Test It?

Simply open a Text file and copy the code above and save as fakevirus.exe.
Dont worry its a fake virus so it will do no harm to your machine even a bit if lets said, your anti-virus failed to detect them.
(In this case it is either something is wrong with your system or Anti-Virus is not functioning as it should be.)
coolng
coolng
Owner
Owner

https://mynewsleecher.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down