My News Leecher - Sharing All the Latest News
Please Login or Register for new user.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register for new user.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search Program and Files Bar

Go down

Search Program and Files Bar Empty Search Program and Files Bar

Post by coolng Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Search Program and Files Bar VistaStartMenu

So what is this all about? Well I actually experienced this problem myself before so I would like to share it here just in case if anyone of you are facing the same problem like me.

So the problem was like the search bar at the start up does not seem to work anymore. When you search for notepad for instance, most of the time it give a seacrh result of

Programs
Control Panel

And if you try to start them it will then give you an error message says

"These files can't be opened"

Its very annoying aint it? I really p*ss off because I found it very useful to launch my application like notepad without the need to browse through my whole drive. Alright enough talk so here are the solution for you to fix this problem.

First you will need to run the RegEdit ( simply hold Window+R and key in regedit because you cant use the seach bar at the moment )
Search for this regisrty if there are any which located at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes​\{EF87B4CB-F2CE-4785-8658-4CA6C63E38C6}\TopViews\{0000 0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

If there are, by deleting thses sting of registry will solve your problem. (Remember to back the registry before by right click on the registry folder on the left side and import them before deleting them just in case)

Restart your PC now and your problem should be gone.
coolng
coolng
Owner
Owner

https://mynewsleecher.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down