My News Leecher - Sharing All the Latest News
Please Login or Register for new user.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register for new user.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chromium Web Browser Review

Go down

Chromium Web Browser Review Empty Chromium Web Browser Review

Post by coolng Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Chromium Web Browser Review Chromium1

Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all users to experience the web. This site contains design documents, architecture overviews, testing information, and more to help you learn to build and work with the Chromium source code.

As you may know, Google released a Web Browser named Google Chrome which is becoming popular on the Internet. Google Chrome is a lightweight browser that adheres to standards, and is competing with Opera, Firefox, and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer for your desktop. The Chromium Web Browser is the browser code base that Google chrome is based from. The Chromium Browser does have a few slight differences in it to is Google Chrome brother.

Differences between the Chromium bowser and Google Chrome.
The primary differences between the Chromium Browser and Google Chrome is that the Chromium Browser does not come with the Google Branding, and the other Google specific services built in like page translation. The Chromium Browser also does not support the h.264 codec for html5 video by default. You can view more a more in-depth chart of differences between the Chromium Browser and Google Chrome on the following pages from Google’s Code Lab

Conclusion

Overall, I must say I am very impressed with the Chromium Browser. Even though I am a very avid Firefox fan, the Chromium Browser does give users a reason to think about switching. It offers excellent standards compliance, supports plugins, has all the Google branding stripped from it, and is very speedy and stable. It is good enough that it will stay on my Ubuntu machine, but it won’t become my default browser yet. The sheer amount of extensions available for Firefox at the moment still gives Firefox a one-up on Chromium and the Google Chrome web browser both. however, I will keep a close eye on Chromium, and users who are not tied to Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Opera could make the switch to the Chromium Browser and be very satisfied. Overall, the Open-Source Chromium Browser is a very worthy browser in its own right.

Download Chromium
Code:
www.mediafire.com

Code
Code:
?8cp404jdqesw2p0

Download Updater
Code:
www.mediafire.com

Code
Code:
?ryp6x6x45gxo7y1